How often do we eat cauliflower as another ingredient to Chopsuey? It's a versatile veggie that you can fry for a tasty merienda for kids and kids at heart. You can eat this on its own, dip in your favourite sauce, or pair with mains as a healthier side dish.
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 5-8 mins
1 head of Cauliflower (cut into pieces) You can also use other veggies such as eggplant, broccoli or sweet potato.
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsps Reqado Barbeque Lovers
2 tbsps Reqado Garlic Rosemary
2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp Parmesan
1 tbsp Garlic Rosemary Lovers
1 tsp Paprika
Frying the Cauliflower:
1. Mix flour, baking powder, egg, Reqado Spice Blends Barbecue Lovers and Garlic Rosemary, salt and pepper. Slowly add water to come up with a thick batter.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil enough for a deep fry. Turn the heat up until bubbles appear from the bottom of the pan and then lower to medium once you start frying.
3. Fry 3-4 pieces at a time. Do not overcrowd to maintain temperature level that is important for cooking each piece evenly.
4. When the pieces are brown on one side, flip it and cook until golden brown on the other side.
5. Remove from the oil and drain using paper towels or tissue.
6. Mix the flavouring ingredients together and sprinkle on the cooked Cauliflower.
This is healthy, guilt-free, no MSG, and no additives.