Cauliflower Rice with Caramelised Onions
If you're looking to cut down on carbs, then this recipe is for you. Did you know that a cup of cauliflower has 25 calories versus 218 for a cup of brown rice? And it's a fiber-rich vegetable loaded with vitamins C, K and B6 as well as potassium*. Here's an easy, fast and tasty recipe for you to continue eating healthier.
3 medium head cauliflower
3 medium sized onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon Reqado Garlic Lovers
2 tablespoons softened butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
chili flakes optional
1. Cut cauliflower into small pieces. You can use food processor or chop them finely by hand. I personally like it cut with different sizes so I can have crunch and some variety in texture.
2. Heat butter and add two tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil so it won’t burn.
3. Sweat the onions and cook until caramelized. It should look slightly dark brown but not burned.
4. Add Reqado Garlic Lovers and stir for 10-15 seconds over medium heat for the aroma to be released.
5. Then stir in the cauliflower and stir. Lower the heat and keep on stirring for 5-8 minutes. You will observe cauliflower will turn a bit browner.
6. Season with salt and pepper based on your preferred saltiness. You should be able to taste and adjust to your liking.
7. Add chili flakes if you want it spicier.
8. Turn the stove off and remove the pan from the hot stove surface.
You can eat this on its own, or eat with other proteins. Don't worry because it is guilt-free! Enjoy :)