Chill-out Chicken Bake
When you've got too many things you want to do and all you want to do is relax... this recipe is a hack! I called it chill-out because you don't need a lot of prep time and hands-on cooking in creating this delicious dish. All you need is a good spice rub, leave in your oven, broiler or roaster, and let the spices and heat do the magic!
This recipe is the base for almost any other baked chicken recipe that you can explore. You can use other spice blends, or add in any vegetable of your choice like carrots or sweet potatoes. You can also use whole chicken, drumstick, breast part, or wings.
- 12 pieces chicken thighs, thawed and cleaned
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 medium-sized potatoes cut into 6 pieces, or 15 pieces of cherry potatoes
- 6 tablespoons Reqado Greek Lovers (or any Reqado Spice Blend)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Cooking Steps:1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. In a baking dish, line up chicken thighs. Pour in, and mix all the ingredients using clean hands.
3. After rubbing the chicken meat, place each thigh with the skin facing down. This will help the chicken meat cook evenly on both sides.
4. Place the potatoes in between the thighs.
5. Cover the tray with aluminum foil to prevent the chicken from burning.
6. Place the tray in the oven and leave for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
7. After 1 hour and 15 minutes, remove the foil and let the exposed side crisp up for another 7-8 minutes.
8. After crisping up the exposed side, remove the tray from the oven. Do this carefully.
9. Using tongs, flip the chicken thighs on its other side. Then place back in the oven uncovered.
10. Crisp up for another 10 minutes or until the chicken skin turns to golden brown.
If you are using frozen chicken, thaw the chicken thighs for at least two hours for it to cook well and to also prevent "bleeding"from the bones while baking. You can do this when you wake up in the morning or as you go about your day's routine.
Serve with rice or just eat with the baked potatoes. You can spoon the the sauce for added flavour. For a spicy kick, top with chili flakes or your favourite hot sauce. So, so good!
TRY THESE BLENDS THAT YOU CAN USE FOR YOUR CHILL-OUT CHICKEN BAKE RECIPE