Throwing away overripe bananas? Stop! Turn them into this delightful banana bread that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, afternoon or midnight snack. Pair it with coffee, tea, or any refreshments. You can also make them as a treat for special occasions.Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Yields 2 loaves (8 inch x 4 inch)
Spice Used: Reqado Cinnamon
Why use Cinnamon? Nothing reminds us of the good old holidays than the smell of cinnamon. Add this golden brown spice to your baked goods to make it come alive with an aroma and flavour that only cinnamon can create.
- 3 very ripe bananas (Lacatan, saba, Latundan, Cavendish or any other variety you have)
- 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup of butter (unsalted) at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Reqado Cinnamon Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
2. In a smaller bowl, mix butter, sugar and honey.
3. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until you get a chunky mushy sauce. Then add the sugar, honey and butter mix, along with two eggs.
3. Separately, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Then add this mix into the batter, gently stirring until all the ingredients are incorporated.
4. Add cooking oil, vanilla extract and Reqado Cinnamon Powder. Mix well.
5. Pour the batter into a loaf pan. Make sure the pan has been greased with cooking oil or butter.
6. Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes. If your oven’s burner is placed at the uppermost part of your oven, cover the baking pan with an aluminum foil for the first 30 minutes. This will prevent the top part of the bread for burning. Make sure the foil is shaped into a dome so that it will not touch the bread as it rises when baking. Remove the foil thereafter.
7. You will know the bread is cooked when you insert a toothpick at the centre of the bread and it comes out clean, no mushy batter sticking!
8. Remove the banana bread from the pan and let it cool.
Note: You can also mix in 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup of raisins to make your banana bread chunkier and richer in texture.