Chicken Sausage Cajun Pappardelle
This pasta dish is for big appetites! Pappare, the root word of pappardelle means to gobble up, and this one's a delicious dish waiting to be gobbled up in minutes!
Trivia! Pappardelle is an Italian pasta cut into flat and very broad ribbon shape. It is usually served with thick and rich sauces and lots of meat and is popular during the winter months to warm up and fill hungry tummies. But we don't need to cold to eat this right?
For the Chicken Sausage:
For the Pasta "Sauce":
To make the homemade chicken sausage:
Mix the ingredients together and leave for 15 minutes for the flavours to soak in to the chicken meat.
To test salt and spice levels, I always advise to cook in a pan a small teaspoonful so you can taste it and adjust. I added some chili powder too to make it spicy too but this is optional.
To cook the dish:
Follow the pasta cooking instructions. I used pappardelle because I love how satisfying it is. You cam use any pasta of your choice.
1. In a non-stick pan, warm olive oil.
2. Over medium heat, sauté onions until translucent.
3. Add garlic and a dash of salt.
4. Add bell peppers and wait until it is slightly cooked.
5. Add the chicken sausage. You can break them in small pieces, so that there are little chunks of meat cooking. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of Cajun Lovers and pepper if you like more heat.
7. Add about 4 tablespoons of pasta water if you think that the meat is getting dry. The bell pepper should add water as they cook.
8. Then add the pre-cooked pappardelle. Stir for about 2 minutes so that the flavours coat the pasta. Cover the lid for another 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
8. Serve hot. You can sprinkle with spring onions, parmesan cheese or chili flakes.
Enjoy this Italian pasta dish with your family or friends at home. Happy cooking!
Buy Your Cajun Lovers Blend