Stir-fried Shrimp and Veggies
Easy, simple and fast. This Stir-fried Shrimp and Veggies are made much more special with Reqado Five Spice powder. That distinctive aroma of spices will transport you to memories of dining in good, old-fashioned Chinese restaurants. Enjoy this easy feast at home!Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Spices Used: Reqado Five Spice Powder, Reqado Pink Salt, Reqado Pepper
1/2 kilo shrimp, you can choose to remove the shell
1/4 stick of butter
1 small onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small carrot, sliced in thin wedges
1 small broccoli head, cut in small pieces
1 pack of sweet peas (about one cup)
1 small bell red pepper for some colour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsps Reqado Five Spice Powder
1. In a non-stick pan or wok, melt 1/4 stick of butter over medium heat.
2. Saute onions first until it sweats or become semi-transparent.
3. Add garlic and stir until light brown.
4. Stir in carrot slices.
5. Add broccoli and sweet peas (chicharo).
6. Season with salt, pepper, and Five Spice powder.
7. Cover lid and simmer for 3 minutes over medium heat.
8. Add-in shrimp and bell pepper, stirring gently.
9. Stir-fry all ingredients for another 3 minutes until the shrimp turns to orange colour.
10. Cover the lid for 3 minutes to steam and cook the shrimp.
We like to keep the shell intact because it helps the shrimp meat withstand the constant stir-frying motion. You can choose to remove this already.
Serve this healthy dish with rice and add chili flakes for those who like it spicy!