Vegetarian Italian Pasta
An easy peasy lemon squeezy pasta recipe that is a great way to make the most out of left over pasta at home. No meat needed, and can be prepared in as little as 20 minutes! This recipe makes for an oil-based pasta, almost similar to the popular Aglio Olio.
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Reqado Italian Lovers
- 4 pieces of ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil and more to drizzle
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes, more to sprinkle
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- dried or fresh chopped parsley as garnish
1. Warm olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Saute garlic until light brown on the edges. I would advise to add salt at this point and keep stirring. It will prevent garlic from overcooking right away when you add a bit of salt.
3. Add Reqado Italian lovers and stir the spices for 10-15 seconds.
4. Add tomatoes and keep stirring until wilted and mushy.
5. Season with pepper, chili flakes and salt to taste.
6. Add pre-cooked pasta. I usually mix-in Parmesan at this point for the cheese to melt and then turn off the flame.
7. Sprinkle with parsley, and more chili flakes if you like it spicier.
You can add any vegetable in season, or what you have in your kitchen such as peas, carrots, beans, bell peppers, cauliflower, broccoli and even cabbage to make this pasta a whole lot healthier.
ORDER YOUR ITALIAN LOVERS TODAY