Garlic Rosemary Chicken
Our best-selling Garlic Rosemary Blend is a fantastic seasoning for chicken. You can leave this to marinate the day before, and pop in the oven to cook, saving you time prepping and doing hands-on cooking. It is garlicky, aromatic, and has a full-bodied umami taste that would make this chicken recipe a favourite at home or special occasions.
No time to marinate? It is okay, just add one more tablespoon of Reqado Garlic Lovers. This will add more flavour of the chicken meat. Rub the spices especially on the breast area and inside cavity.
1 whole medium-sized chicken, or 10 pieces of chicken thighs
6 tbsps Reqado Garlic Rosemary Lovers
Juice of one lemon. Note: Do not throw away the fruit after squeezing.
5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic crushed
12-15 pieces cherry potatoes
Marinating the chicken:1. In a baking dish, place whole chicken and pour all ingredients together except for the cherry potatoes. Note: Make sure the chicken is properly thawed. If frozen, let it thaw at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
2. Mix by hand really well, making sure that the spices also get inside the cavity of the chicken.
3. Sprinkle more salt and pepper inside the chicken cavity.
4. Place the garlic cloves inside and the squeezed up lemon fruit.
5. Place the cherry potatoes at the sides of the chicken to soak in as well.
6. Cover the dish with cling wrap or lid and let it marinate for 1 hour. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
Baking the chicken:1. Pre-heat oven to 175C. While waiting, remove the lemon fruit from the chicken's cavity. Leave the garlic inside.
2. Cover the tray with aluminum foil to stop the skin from roasting too fast.
Note: Do not let the foil touch any part of the chicken as the skin may stick while cooking.
3. Leave for 1.5 hours.
4. Remove the dish from the oven. Careful this can be very hot!
5. Remove the aluminum foil. Using tongs, flip the chicken so that the breast is facing up and the back, facing down.
6. Let the chicken skin crisp up for 10-15 minutes. Keep watch so that the skin will not burn. Flipping the chicken help to evenly roast all sides, making it more appetising and tasty.
7. Flip the chicken gain so that the breast is now facing down. Let the skin crisp up as well for another 10-15 minutes.
Serve with rice or this can also be eaten with mashed potatoes or corn. You can also use the meat for sandwiches or chicken salad.
Sprinkle with chili flakes or Tabasco sauce for a spicier kick. That is, if you like the heat!